Re: Redefining Instructions (was "Sam Clemens is dead")

Subject: Re: Redefining Instructions (was "Sam Clemens is dead")
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 18:49:38 GMT

In article <9409047813 -dot- AA781301009 -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com>,
doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com> wrote:

> Perhaps instead of arguing whether paper or online would be
> better, you-all could discuss which parts of the documentation
> would be better suited online, and which in paper manuals.
> Although not a software writer, I could make a guess that the
> most task-oriented instructions would go online and just about
> everything else into the 5-foot shelf.

Interesting. I'd tend to flip things the other way 'round: *all*
reference material should be on-line, but task-oriented docs should be
printed -- especially the installation instructions. ;-)
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.