Re: WP vs Word

Subject: Re: WP vs Word
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 04:21:41 GMT

In article <781743422snz -at- sheridan -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk>,
John Sheridan Smith <John -at- sheridan -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk> wrote:

>I do have a specific question on a bug in Word 6.0.:

>When I insert frames on successive landscape pages, the 2nd, 3rd etc frames
>overlay themselves on the 1st. I cannot get them to stay on their respective
>pages. This applies when I creat a frame on each page, cut and paste between
>pages and even when I insert a file containing a single page and a single
>frame. I have been reduced to creating a separate document for each page.

I've had lots of problems with frames in Word. Here's how I deal with
it:

First, click the paragraph symbol on the standard toolbar to make all
special characters appear. Next, move the frame's anchor (visible when
the text cursor is in the frame) to the paragraph you want the frame
next to. Double-click the anchor, check the Lock Anchor field, and
change the vertical position to whatever you want.

I'd recommend that each frame be attached to a different regular
paragraph.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.