Re: Overseas work

Subject: Re: Overseas work
From: Claudia Allen <Claudia -at- CPC -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 15:13:00 PDT

According to the international visa chart in Planning Job Choices: 1994,
there are eight categories of people who aren't citizens who can work. The
B-1 visa is a "visitor for business" and that person can receive only
reimbursement for expenses: no salary or honorarium. The F-1 student visa
allows students in recognized degree programs to work off campus as long as
academic progress continues; also allows 12 months of practical training.
The H-1A is for nursing professionals. H-1B is for temporary workers in a
specialty occupation (no one else is available to do the job: requires a lot
of employer participation). This visa expires in three years, but is
renewable to six years. The J-1 is the exchange visitor student who may work
up to 18 months after graduation in a practical training program. The O-1 is
the alien of extraordinary ability (the athlete etc.). The TC-1 is for
Canadian workers. And the immigrant/permanent resident visa allows work if
you possess a professional degree and labor certification; international
reputation; or have an immediate family member who is a US citizen or
permanent resident. Stay under this one is indefinite, but it could take six
months to two years to process.

Previous by Author: Writer to Engineer Ratio
Next by Author: Re: Resume length
Previous by Thread: Re: Overseas work
Next by Thread:

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads