Re: Coding style

Subject: Re: Coding style
From: Laura Johnson <lauraj -at- CND -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 21:33:09 GMT

Aahz (aahz -at- netcom -dot- com) wrote:
: K&R style
: int foo ( bar, baz );
: long bar; /* This does something */
: int baz; /* This does something else */

I don't like this because "real people don't code this way" ... if your
"real customers" do code this way, this would be OK.

: "standard" ANSI style
: int foo
: (
: long bar, /* This does something */
: int baz /* This does something else */
: );

I like this. Clean, simple, plenty of space.

: "compact" ANSI style
: int foo(
: long bar, /* This does something */
: int baz); /* This does something else */

I find (now that you ask) that a lot of docs I've inherited look like
this. It's OK. If I had to "hack my own path" from scratch, I'd use your
"standard ANSI", though.

: (It's nice working at a place where I can hack my own path, but I wish
: the stones weren't so hard ...)
: --
: --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

: Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
: Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

: The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
: but to post the wrong information.

--
Laura Johnson
lauraj -at- fc -dot- hp -dot- com