Re: Resume length

Subject: Re: Resume length
From: Shelly LaRock <smlarock -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 11:18:39 EDT

Hi all,

How long should a resume be for a newly-graduated
college student? Right now, mine is two pages.
Some people have told me that college students
don't know enough to have two pages. Well I
think it's necessary to list the jobs I've had
as a technical writer, but if I'm limited to
one page, I can't.

I also provide writing/work samples when I'm
interviewing or sending my resume. The three jobs
I have listed on my resume are all *very*
relevant to technical writing, and I don't think
I can afford to NOT list them.

One more question: If I do have a two page
resume, is it better to print it on two separate
pieces of paper, or should I print one, two-sided
piece of paper? I've heard comments for and against
both ways.

Shelly La Rock
smlarock -at- mtu -dot- edu
STC at Michigan Tech, Houghton, MI