RE>Re- Resume length

Subject: RE>Re- Resume length
From: Paul Strandlund <Paul -dot- Strandlund -at- X400UX -dot- SASKTEL -dot- SK -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 12:08:11 -0600

Reply to: RE>Re: Resume length
I would definitely not put it on a two sided sheet because most employers
photocopy the resume when they get it (panel interviews, different departments,
etc.). I realize that almost all photocopiers do two sided copying and that it
isn't a hard procedure but it can be a hassle when doing many single sided
resumes and have to switch for one two sided resume.

One other point is that by putting it on two sides it looks as though you have
very little to say. More pages imply more experience.

These are just my thoughts anyway

--------------------------------------
Date: 10/18/94 10:59 AM
To: Paul Strandlund
From: smlarock -at- MTU -dot- EDU%internet
Comments: To: techwr-l -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet

Hi all,

How long should a resume be for a newly-graduated
college student? Right now, mine is two pages.
Some people have told me that college students
don't know enough to have two pages. Well I
think it's necessary to list the jobs I've had
as a technical writer, but if I'm limited to
one page, I can't.

I also provide writing/work samples when I'm
interviewing or sending my resume. The three jobs
I have listed on my resume are all *very*
relevant to technical writing, and I don't think
I can afford to NOT list them.

One more question: If I do have a two page
resume, is it better to print it on two separate
pieces of paper, or should I print one, two-sided
piece of paper? I've heard comments for and against
both ways.

Shelly La Rock
smlarock -at- mtu -dot- edu
STC at Michigan Tech, Houghton, MI