Re: Converting FrameMaker and Interleaf Files into SGML

Subject: Re: Converting FrameMaker and Interleaf Files into SGML
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 09:57:36 -0600

On Tue, 18 Oct 1994, Harold Henke wrote:

> Hope this is not an old subject but we are interested in finding a
> tool that will allow us to:

> 1. Convert FrameMaker and Interleaf files into SGML. (Product should
> be able to be upgraded to support new versions of FrameMaker and Interleaf.)
> 2. Perform the conversion using our Document Type Definition (DTD).
> (We want to plug in different DTDs.)
> 3. Convert SGML files from our DTD to another DTD.

> (Home of the unbeaten University of Colorado Buffaloes and 40 miles south
> of the unbeaten Colorado State University Rams.)

Harold:

I don't have any actual experience with it, but Boulder is also the home to
Avalanche Development Corp. and the the SGML Hammer. They are very big on
Frame to SGML conversion, and have modules for conversions to and from SGML
from many other formats. I know that the Hammer uses the DTD for conversions.
Their number is (303) 449-5032 and they are located at 1050 Walnut. I suggest
giving them a call--if nothing else they have a lot of experience with
exactly these processes.

I have no connection with Avalanche, other than having met their
representative at last year's STC conference. She impressed me as being very
knowledgeable about not only her company's products, but with SGML in
general.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.