Re: Tech Writing as a career

Subject: Re: Tech Writing as a career
From: "Race, Paul" <pdr -at- CCSPO -dot- DAYTONOH -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 16:27:00 EST

Jim Driggers posted a bunch of questions without including his e-mail
address as part of his message, so a lot of us using Microsoft mail can't
respond to him without responding to the whole 1000 people on the list.

JIM IF YOU GET THIS MESSAGE, hint, hint. PUT YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS INTO YOUR
POSTING.

I for one don't want to receive 1000 copies of various people's responses,
addressed to the general list. paul -dot- d -dot- race -at- daytonoh -dot- ncr -dot- com

By the way, I spend a good part of my day deleting e-mail that I regard as
discourteous or uninformed. If you would like more information, please let
us know how to contact you without deluging the list.

>I have a bunch of questions to ask those who do technical writing as a
>career. I am thinking about becoming a technical writer, and would like
>to hear what it's like. If these questions are already in a FAQ, could
>someone point me where I can get it. If this group doesn't have a FAQ,
>perhaps these would be a good starting point. Anyway, here's the
questions:

Stuff deleted