Re: Why Internships?

Subject: Re: Why Internships?
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 15:41:22 PDT

John:

The main benefit is free labor or relatively free if the
student wants money vs credits.

I used an intern for a while from the local community college
with good success. It certainly helped alleviate the staff
burden with tedious tasks. At the time we were doing a conversion
of our docs from Word to FrameMaker so there was a lot of drudge
work to do. Perfect for a student.

So, play up money and freeing up higher paid stuff to do more
important things.

Just be sure when you place someone that their skills match
well with what the company wants.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com