graphics software for unix

Subject: graphics software for unix
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 14:12:06 PDT

Hi all:

I asked this question a while back, but I am going to pose it again:

I am looking for a unix software package that allows you to
do screen captures, and then make graphics out of these screen
captures with text callouts, etc.

I have been looking at a demo copy of IslandWrite/Draw/Paint
and frankly I am not impressed. I don't find it intuitive (the
commands are not what you would think of and aren't similar to
any other paint package). In addition, you can't screen capture
with this, you have to do the screen capture elsewhere (in my
case I used xgrab) and then imported into IslandPaint.

To top it off, I couldn't use IslandDraw because of color limitations,
so had to use IslandPaint which had limitations about text.

So, now I am back to square one. Any ideas? I heard CorelDraw
is available for unix. Is that true? Can that do screen
captures?

Please let me know if any of you have found anything useful
for unix.

Thanks

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com