Re: binders for the one-armed reader

Subject: Re: binders for the one-armed reader
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 09:22:29 -0600

I hadn't heard about Sally's solution--sounds great. My solution has been
an inexpensive (less than $5) folding book stand. It is light weight but
balances well and holds all but the thickest manuals just fine. I carry
it in my back-pack or briefcase along with whatever book I plan to read.
It is designed with small prongs to hold the pages open so my hands are
free to type or perform other tasks as needed. In addition to this, I
have a more sturdy rack in my office which also holds pages open
but will accomodate much thicker texts.

On Wed, 26 Oct 1994, Sally Marquigny wrote:

> My personal solution, whether reading a novel at the beach or referring to a
> technical manual while typing, is to use a simple, inexpensive (<$10) book
> weight that you can buy from places like Barnes & Nobel. It's made of
> leather, shaped like an hourglass, and has weights in both ends. You lay it
> horizontally across the pages & it holds down both sides of the book in the
> open position. Voila! An excellent "investment".

> >Dick Harris wrote:

> >With only one good arm, I can't hold a manual open, and operate my PC,
> >unless the manual is either 3-ring bound or wire bound.

* RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu *
* Results! Why, man, I have gotten *
* a lot of results. I know several *
* thousand things that won't work. *
* Thomas A. Edison *