Re: Script Writing

Subject: Re: Script Writing
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 1994 21:14:57 EST

After traveling and presenting workshops for the past three weeks, I've
spent the better part of this week-end trying to catch up on all the
gone. Anyway ... I noticed that there were at least a couple of requests
for info on script writing, so I'm offering the following list of books
(in no particular order -- just the way I grabbed them off my shelf) that
I found helpful when I was learning how to write A/V scripts and
multimedia tutorials:

- _Scripting for the New AV Technologies_, Second Edition,
by Dwight V. Swain and Joye R. Swain, 1991: Focal Press /
Butterworth-Heinemann, Stoneham, MA 02180, ISBN 0-240-80071-0

- _Video Production Handbook_ by Gerald Millerson, 1987: Focal
Press / Butterworth Group, ISBN 0-240-51260-X

- _Learning with Interactive Multimedia: Developing and Using
Multimedia Tools in Education, edited by Sueann Ambron and
Kristina Hooper, Apple Computer, Inc. 1990: Microsoft Press,
ISBN 1-55615-282-5

- _The Scriptwriter's Handbook_ by Willian J. Van Nostran,
1989: Knowledge Industry Publications, Inc., 701 Westchester
Ave., White Plains, NY 10604, ISBN 0-86729-267-9

- _The IBM Multimedia Handbook_ by Steve Floyd, 1991: Brady
Publishing, a division of Simon & Shuster, Inc., 15 Columbus
Circle, New York, NY 10023, ISBN 0-13-424-169-X

- _Managing Interactive Video/Multimedia Projects_ by Robert E.
Bergeman and Thomas V. Moore, 1990: Educational Technology
Publications, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632, ISBN 0-87778-209-1

- _Evaluating Video Programs - Is It Worth It?_ by Laurel C.
Sneed, 1991: Knowledge Industry Publications, 701 Westchester
Ave., White Plains, NY 10604, ISBN 0-86729-277-6

- Advanced Interactive Video Design: New Techniques and
Applications_ by Nicholas V. Iuppa with Karl Anderson,
1988: Knowledge Industry Publications, ISBN 0-86729-170-2

- Producer's Guide to Interactive Videodiscs_ by Martin
Perlmutter, 1991: Knowledge Industry Publications, ISBN
0-08-679173-7

Lori Lathrop -----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808