Re: Community College Teaching with MS

Subject: Re: Community College Teaching with MS
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- SWITCH -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 09:00:05 CST

Most Universities hire part-time or full-time instructors with Master's degrees
(M.A. or M.S.). I worked at BGSU (Bowling Green, OH) as a part-time instructor
with an MA. My mother works at 2 different community colleges in Columbus, OH,
teaching math with an MS.

Another thing you may be able to do is to substitute-teach in local high schools
or elementary schools. You'd have to check with the school system to see what
(if any) classes you might have to take to qualify.

Can't you get an assistantship to "rest" on while you get your Ph.D.?

merhar -at- alena -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: Is "interwork" a valid current lingo?
Next by Author: Re: International Recruiters
Previous by Thread: Community College Teaching with MS
Next by Thread: Surfing the Internet

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads