Re: hobbies on your resume

Subject: Re: hobbies on your resume
From: "Doug, Data Librarian at Ext 4225" <engstromdd -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 08:11:30 -0600

Gordon wrote:

******************************
For example, one of my hobbies is magic (sleight of hand). Rather than
simply state that someplace, under affiliations I list "International
Brotherhood of Magicians".
******************************

But be careful. The truth is that most of your worst nightmares about how
your resume is treated and interpreted will come true. I was at a company
once where some poor schmuck put "Collegiate Knights - Horrible
Executioner" under the "Organizations" heading of his resume. For that
and other flaws, it was literally passed around and laughed at.

Personally, I thought we were too hasty. I've been on some projects that
could have benefitted from the presence of a "Horrible Executioner."

Doug "There are no small projects,
ENGSTROMDD -at- phibred -dot- com just incredibly bad initial
estimates."