style guides

Subject: style guides
From: LENDA ZIEGLER <NLNDA -at- TTACS -dot- TTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 18:49:15 -0600

Date: November 2, 1994
To: Any and all editors out there
From: NLNDA, a graduate student in Technical Communication

I sure would appreciate it if any editor who reads this
message would respond to this little survey so that I will
have some original research to add to an article I'm
writing. I was told that you can just copy the survey to a
file, fill in the blanks, and then send the file back to me:
nlnda -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu -dot- As you know, the more editors who
respond, the more accurate my statistics will be. Thanks
again for your help.
Style guide Survey

1. Your e-mail address:

2. Your job title:

3. Short job description:

4. Your place of business:

5. Name of primary commercial style guide used at your place
of business:

6. Why do you use this one?

7. Do you have a "personalized" style guide (one written
specifically for your business)?

8. Why? or Why not?

9. & 10. From your experience, IF your business has its own
"personalized" style guide, what are the two most-used
entries in it?
(If you don't use a "personalized" style guide, leave 9 & 10
blank.)

11. & 12. From your experience, what are the two most-used
entries in the commercial style guide used at your business?
Please try to respond before Thursday, November 17, 1994 (my
birthday.)

Thanks so much for your help and time in answering and
returning the survey to me at:

nlnda -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu

Lenda