WWW suggestion

Subject: WWW suggestion
From: AMMUNSON -at- MIAVX1 -dot- ACS -dot- MUOHIO -dot- EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 16:03:49 -0400

I've been "Plugging in" to the WWW technical communication site - it
looks great! I have an idea for a resource - so I'll throw it out to
y'all. (Southwest Ohio usage.)

We seem to get quite a few requests on the list for information about
technical communication degree programs. I think a directory or listing
of schools with information about such classes or programs would be
beneficial to have on the site.

When I began looking for graduate schools last year, I used a directory
compiled by Sharon Dunwoody and Bonnie Brown from the University of
Wisconsin-Madison. I wrote her for it, and she sent it to me on disk. It
was very helpful in my search - we could ask for their permission to use
it on the WWW. (I can't remember if I paid for just the disk or for the
directory as well.)

I think it would be a popular reference for those looking for a program
in technical communication. It gives a brief description of the classes
or program as well as a contact person - extremely helpful!

Anne Munson
Graduate Student, MTSC
Miami University
ammunson -at- miavx1 -dot- muohio -dot- edu

P.S. It is with shaking fingers that I send this for fear of being
flamed!