"Come with," "I want to go with," and so on.

Subject: "Come with," "I want to go with," and so on.
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 08:58:08 PST

Just got around to reading some mail about this type of speech. It
has nothing to do with dialect. Come on, think. It's just a cutesy
way of speaking that is actually improper English. Obviously, it
drives me crazy, too. I've lived in Michigan and California, and I
hear it both places. It's not so bad when teenagers talk that way;
they always have thought it was cute to misuse the language. It
drives me crazy when I hear adults do that, whether they live in
Michigan, California, Wisconsin, wherever. Yes, I hear it a lot from
Wisconsin transplants, too. Think it's a midwest thing, and I hear it
in California only because so many midwesterners are here?