what's in a name?

Subject: what's in a name?
From: "USA::SOM24502" <SOM24502%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 11:43:00 EDT

Judith Grobe Sachs writes:

>It's quite true that Shakespeare and his quill
>(or Baron What's-His-Name, if he's really the
>one who wrote Shakespeare's works)did far
>better than I could ever do,

He was not a Baron, he was an Earl and his lineage
was on par with that of Queen Elizabeth I herself.
Of all the people proposed as the true author of
the Shakespeare plays, Edward de Vere, the 17th
Earl of Oxford (1550-1604) is by far the most
likely candidate. People who believe he's the
author are called "Oxfordians" and they have a
group called the Shakespeare Oxford Society.
(address: Greenridge Park, 7D Taggert Dr,
Nashua, NH 03060. Tel 603-888-6411)

Sorry for the plug, but I'm a member and the
evidence is compelling. Many of the events
mentioned in the plays correspond with events
in de Vere's life. Anyone who wants more
details is welcome to write me privately.

Sue McCullough
Sr Tech Writer
Glaxo Inc. RTP, NC
som24502.Glaxo.com