Re: Math vs. writing

Subject: Re: Math vs. writing
From: "Doug, Data Librarian at Ext 4225" <engstromdd -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 13:09:07 -0600

Rick Lippincott writes, of a difficult algebra class:

> The teacher's comment to me was "Well, whatever else, I know you're honest. If
> you were cheating, you'd have a higher score than this."

> This is when I began to realize I wanted to be a writer.

I can relate. One of several events leading to my undergraduate conversion
from physics to journalism was my experience dropping integral calculus. I
presented the drop slip; the instructor looked down at it, then up at me
and said "Good." Then he signed it.

Doug "There are no small projects,
ENGSTROMDD -at- phibred -dot- com just incredibly bad initial
estimates."