quick Word question about ASCII text

Subject: quick Word question about ASCII text
From: DARCEY HARDING <STU_DCHARDIN -at- VAX1 -dot- ACS -dot- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 11:34:15 -0500

Does anybody know how to save a Word 6.0 Document as PLAIN ASCII TEXT?

I've tried option after option under "save as" and whatever I save ends up with
miscellaneous garbage symbols in it. I can't save anything in simple, plain,
ASCII text like I can in WP. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Darcey
Darcey C Harding stu_dchardin -at- vax1 -dot- acs -dot- jmu -dot- edu
When a thing has been said well, have no scruple. Take it and copy it.
-- Anatole France (1844-1924)