Re: Creativity

Subject: Re: Creativity
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 15:39:00 CST

>So, what is the role of all this creativity in the tech writing process?
>Does it help, hinder, and if so, under what circumstances? Is creativity
>a way of thinking that helps when faced with a process or page layout
>problem? Do you consider yourself creative, or a technician?

The role? Help or hinder? As usual, it depends on the circumstances and
who you are working with. Some people are very receptive to creative ideas,
others are not. Sometimes you have the time to be creative, sometimes you
just have to be functional (and fast).

As far as visual layout is concerned, I'm lucky enough to have several
visual artists to work with for graphics and such. Text layout is fairly
set by company standards, but we are allowed some variation (especially if a
client requests it).

And lastly, in my present position, I consider myself a creative technician.
:-)

Kayla Westra
Black & Veatch
13718westr -at- kcpbldg01 -dot- bv -dot- com