Re: MA in Tech Writing?

Subject: Re: MA in Tech Writing?
From: Jane S Torpie <handson!boston -dot- handson -dot- com!janet -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 10:24:00 PST

David asks advice about whether he should pursue an MA in tech/prof.
writing...

David -

What do you want to do for the rest of your life? Do you want to be a
Technical Writer until you retire? To my mind, most of the people in this
field have varied interests, took a variety of paths to get where they are
now, and will undoubtedly experience change throughout their professional
lives. (The world is a changing place ... yeah, we've had this conversation
on the list before.)

Call up the university and ask if you can speak with some alumnae/alumni.
Find out what their degrees from that fine institution (whichever one it
is, since you didn't specify) did for them. How did their careers change?

Jane Torpie
janet -at- boston -dot- handson -dot- com