Master's degree survey thanks and request

Subject: Master's degree survey thanks and request
From: Joan Smith <jsmith -at- ENCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 11:18:16 -0500

Dear techwr-ler's,

I want to publicly thank everyone who responded to my survey regarding
master's degrees. Some of you even went out of your way to return the
survey by sending it via snail mail if you couldn't e-mail! I have been
sorting results (don't worry, boss, on my own time!) and some responses
have been surprising! I do hope STC accepts the article so you all can
see the results, but either way, it will get written. For those of you
unfamiliar with the survey, I am planning to write an article for STC
about how people, those who are going for their Master's in a technical
communication forum, or those who already have, view the worth of their
degree. There seems to be lots of questioning by some of you regarding
this issue--"Should I go back?" "Did it help?" and so on.

I do have another request to ask of you. I need to contact schools that
offer master's degrees in technical communications. Part of my project
is to reach schools from all over the world, and I am having a hard time
doing that! Imagine! Well, if any of you students, teachers, department
heads, and so on, could help me out, I would really appreciate it.

I'd like to be able to send you a copy (e-mail or other) and have it
distributed through some of the students/departments. Anyone who is
applicable to fill it out, is more than welcome! If any of you out
there, no matter where, can help me out, please contact me at my e-mail
address. We can discuss specifics, including postage if e-mail is not a
consideration.

Thanks again!

Joan M. Smith
jsmith -at- encore -dot- com
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

--

Rowing: a competitive sport of boats that are narrow.
(Great Soviet Encyclopaedia)