Re: Make It Pretty

Subject: Re: Make It Pretty
From: "Jerre Beal (jbeal)" <jbeal -at- SEQUENT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 11:59:00 PST

Bravo, Jane!
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 1994 2:55PM

Debbie -

Does your company do any work for the government?

When I was all of 23, I got a similar line from an engineer at a large
defense company ... except he said, "Documentation is a necessary byproduct
of good engineering."

I snapped back at him with something like this: "Fine ... I wouldn't be
writing doc if you didn't write software, but the government wouldn't give
squat for your software if not for my good doc."

Never had any more grief from him!

Jane Torpie
janet -at- handson -dot- com