Re: teaching

Subject: Re: teaching
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 08:06:50 EST

Lise Hansen said:

>A teaching assistant in our department is using a variation of the paper
>airplane assignment in her technical writing class. She is having
>groups create *something* out of leggos. The only criteria is that it
>moves. The groups then write instructions for putting their leggo
>masterpieces together.

A few weeks ago, I attended Information Mapping Inc.'s training seminar, and
they used the same excercise. The only differences were that the instructions
(of course) had to be info mapped, and there was no requirement that the
leggo object move.

Then again, all of us in the seminar had been out of school for a while, maybe
we wouldn't have been able to handle a more complex construction....

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com