The Pentium 90 Chip

Subject: The Pentium 90 Chip
From: Mike Melby <jmm -at- PC3Q -dot- CORP -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 11:15:42 -0500

Hello All,
I hope this isn't too far off the tech writing path - I just want to
solicit info/opinions.

I'll be graduating in May with BS in Communication/Technical. The job
prospect isn't that great in this area of Florida, so I may find myself
contracting. I want to be able to offer potential employers the layout
and design and multimedia development in addition to writing.

I placed an order with Gateway for a Pentium 90 system with many
goodies (16 meg RAM, 17" screen, PCI bus, high end VRam video card,
4X spin CD Rom). I ordered the Pentium even though there has been
much adverse publicity because a very knowledable friend of mine said
that the main problem Intel has is with the lower Pentiums, and there
haven't been problems with the 90s.

Any comments out there! I'd sure appreciate it.

Michael Melby (old hippie musician turns tech writer)