"killer"?

Subject: "killer"?
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 09:53:25 -0700

On Thu, 1 Dec 1994, Brown, Mordechai wrote:

> We are a small company that is producing a large documentation set
> for our killer client/server product (currently under development).

What exactly does this mean? Is this really common jargon in the industry
now? This is the second or third time I've seen this term used on the
list and I hate it. In my experience, "killer" means "great" or "really
cool", which seems like a stupid label for software. So what does it mean
in this context?

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.