Re: Script to Wordperfect conv.

Subject: Re: Script to Wordperfect conv.
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 16:02:00 EST

Thanks for the help, Grant, but it sounds like you have no idea whatsoever
what BookManager is. The IBM BookManager program is not a word processor or
any type of desktop publishing tool. It is a reader program, which simply
allows you to view text that has been converted to its format. The BUILD/2
program is the conversion program that ONLY takes a Wordperfect or MS Word or
straight ASCII text file and converts it to a file that can be read by
BookManager in many different environments.

Unfortunately, Grant, we're limited to these three choices (even though we
prefer Wordperfect 5.1/5.2 at this point), and even if we were to be able to
convert these files to Postscript or a .RTF format, these files STILL will not
be able to be read on MVS, VM, AS/400, DOS, OS/2, VSE, etc. etc. because they
do not support postscript or .RTF.

Folks, you can see why we're so frustrated here at Fischer. There appears to
be no easy answer. However, I've received many good responses, and some of
the more "logical" ones we'll be looking into!

Thanks everyone,
Bill Hartzer (William -dot- Hartzer -at- emc2-tao -dot- fisc -dot- com)