Re: Use of Passive Voice

Subject: Re: Use of Passive Voice
From: Joseph J Little <litt0023 -at- MAROON -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 05:38:56 GMT

I find it hard to accept this notion of "NEVER" using the
passive. As so many in this thread have already stated,
while the active voice often is chosen over the passive, and
for good reason, this is not to say that the passive voice
is NEVER allowed. In fact, I would agree with Stuart that
there are certainly situations where the passive voice
is quite appropriate. It's scary to hear people say NEVER!

--Joe