Re: job future of tech writing

Subject: Re: job future of tech writing
From: "Robert E. Allen" <re_allen -at- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 16:09:40 GMT

In article <f -dot- 7496 -dot- 1959 -at- aquila -dot- com>, chris -dot- hester -at- aquila -dot- com (Chris Hester)
says:

>I agree that most tech writers will work on a contractual basis

Another thread, "Contractors vs employees" has a similar message.

I recall reading on this list about a survey of major companies which
universally did *not* contract out technical writing. Made sense to me,
the company's trade secrets are in the reports--premature release could
be disasterous.

Or is this just wishful thinking on my part. I sure like medical/dental/
retirement/paid vacation etc etc.

Bob