Liability Insurance for Contractors -- Thanks

Subject: Liability Insurance for Contractors -- Thanks
From: Cathy Godwin <tdsasg!cgodwin -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 09:18:17 PDT

Hi all!

Thanks for the responses! Most people couldn't believe that a
potential client would request this type of insurance from a tech
writer. Others told me that they've heard of errors-and-omissions
insurance for programmers but not for writers.

A couple of folks have friends with this type of insurance. If you
have the time, would you guys mind asking them where they found it?

In the meantime, I'm going to clarify with my potential client what
type of insurance I need (or if they are using a boilerplate contract,
and I really don't need this insurance at all). I plan to call the
STC as well. Contacting a lawyer is too expensive for me and will be
a last resort.

When I get more info, I'll post it. Thanks again. :)

Cathy (cgodwin -at- tds-hsc -dot- com)