MSWord problem

Subject: MSWord problem
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 09:22:00 EST

Margaret Redding wrote:

>I'm editing some papers in MSWord (6.0), and formatting the text in comumns.
>I find that sometimes I cannot get my columns to balance at the bottom...

Margaret, I have experienced these problems before. I finally realized that
this is sometimes what I'd like to call a WYSIWYG problem. I'll explain
further:

What you see on the screen is never (really) what you actually see in print.
I have found that it SEEMS like you have more room (or, in your case, it's
getting cut off at the bottom--and that seems to be peculiar), but you really
don't. Sometimes, if I go to the "Print Preview" display option, I will see
that I really don't have that room left that I thought was there.

Has anyone else on techwr-l experienced such problems with displays that
aren't WYSIWYG? I've also found that that (most) word processors that I've
used are NOT WYSIWYG, which I'm beginning to think is a BIG problem within the
industry.

Just sign me:
Troubled with WYSIWYG

Bill Hartzer (william -dot- hartzer -at- emc2-tao -dot- fisc -dot- com)
Technical Writer, Fischer International Systems Corporation
Naples, Florida USA

P.S. It's 69 degrees here this morning!!!!