MS-Project, etc. to manage techwriting

Subject: MS-Project, etc. to manage techwriting
From: Phil Block <pblock -at- EARTH -dot- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 04:17:50 GMT

Anyone out there have experience using Microsoft Project (or equivalent)
to manage the activities of a large (25-employee) technical writing
department?

As a contact writer, I would like to advise my client re the pros (obvious)
and cons (none that I can think of) of adopting project management software
to estimate and track tech writing projects. Management is now being done
with spreadsheets only. The burden of that approach has become overwhelming.

Note that my client's tech doc shop is 100% Macintosh. MS-Project is at
Version 3.0 for the Mac -- 4.0 is only available for Windows PCs. Are there
any decent Mac apps I can recommend? Other advice?

Phil Block
Senior Documentation Analyst
Computer People Unlimited, a unit of Compuware Corp.
Milwaukee, WI