Re: I18N & L10N

Subject: Re: I18N & L10N
From: "Doug, Data Librarian at Ext 4225" <engstromdd -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:24:06 -0600

This is written in response to:

***********************
"I18N" is "internationalization," a hacker-style shorthand guaranteed
to be opaque to non-native speakers of English and even many native
speakers. (Given the goal of internationalization, I find this ironic.)
I don't know what L10N is; sorry.

On a guess, is it possible that L10N is "Localization?" (sort of the
opposite idea from "Internationalization.") It fits the pattern Vicki
describes.

Skoal,

Doug Farm policy, although it's complex,
ENGSTROMDD -at- phibred -dot- com can be explained. What it can't be
is believed.
- P.J. O'Rourke