Re: On Line Documents?

Subject: Re: On Line Documents?
From: Louise M &/Or Jim N <mcdo0025 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 18:39:14 GMT

>>I would like to know how to learn to create ON LINE documents. It seems
>that every add for Tech Writers is looking for that ability. Is there a
>book or class I can take? Is there special software needed to write ON
>LINE Help?

Check out the winhelp-l FAQ at 198.91.36.126 in /pub/winhelp.
Also, check out the news' sites comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp and
alt.hypertext. You can get a copy of WHAG (Windows Help Authoring Guide)
at microsoft.com or ftp.cica.indiana.edu (or a mirror site).

A few good books:

Developing Online Help by Scott Bogan, David Farkas & Joe Welinsky (out
of print)

The Developer's Guide to WINHELP.EXE by Jim Mischel.

Mapping Hypertext by Robert Horn

The WinHelp Journal by WinWriters at Seattle Washington (206) 285 2605.

Designing and Writing Online Documentation by William Horton

The GUI Style Guide by Susan S Fowler and Victor R Stanwick

Electronic Performance Support Systems by Gloria Gery

Good Luck

Jim N