Re: backformation

Subject: Re: backformation
From: Rosie <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 17:04:09 -0700

> > could anyone send me other
> > examples of back-formations? Even if they're words that are useful
> > (as I think "televise" and "edit" are), I'd like to know about them.

I'm not sure whether this is a "real" back-formation, but
I've heard the term "iconize" use for the act of minimizing
an application in an OS/2 or Windows environment.
It is not really useful, since you can call it "minimize".

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales