Tracking document versions...

Subject: Tracking document versions...
From: Paul MacGyver Carman <paul -dot- carman -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 08:47:51 -0500

Greetings all!

The software group with which I work tracks their software with a
product called Aide~De~Camp. This package stores only the changes in
code, rather than storing ALL of the code.

It was mentioned by one of my project leaders that this product
could be used to store documentation changes as well.

My first thought is that it isn't necessary. Instead, I can just
have one directory of "last version" docs (with a tape backup and
hard copies), and then one directory with working docs.

Granted, I need to work out a system to track the docs., however
recording numerous small changes (for example, a single re-worded
sentence) seems like overkill.

Hmmmm.

What do the rest of you think, and how do you track your document
versions?

Thank you very much for your help!