Re: scanned images

Subject: Re: scanned images
From: PERTTI MSigmaKITALO <PMAKITAL -at- NIPPI -dot- HUT -dot- FI>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 16:54:31 GMT

Paula & Chad

You can lower the quantity that images take from your hard disk with
halftoning the images if you know what resolution is needed in
printing.

Let say you have 600 dpi printer and you want to print out images
with 32 shades of gray. Then you can halftone the image with the 106
lpi(lines per inch) halftone frequency.

(printer resolution dpi / halftone freq. lpi)^2 = nr. of gray shades

You can test with your pictures what gray shade level is appropriate
for you and then halftone your pictures according to that. After
halftoning images don't look so nice on the screen, though.

Pertti