Indexing in FrameMaker

Subject: Indexing in FrameMaker
From: Ray Bruman <rbruman -at- RND -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 11:28:31 PST

Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM> writes:

> It's also worth noting that the index for FrameMaker manuals were apparently
> -not- prepared using Frame's auto indexing system.

You're right, they were done with Macrex.
My company did some work with a contract indexer who did some of the
indexes for Frame, and we went to some effort to convert Macrex
file output to Frame index entries for our books.

The irony *is* worth noting. Even more astounding was the way
Frame published the manuals for Version 3. The new features
were sequestered into a separate book, and weren't even
mentioned in the "User's Guide." Sorta made you want to
recommend that they find some modern publishing software.

Frame drives me crazy, but I still recommend it.
As Winston Churchill said about democracy, "It's the worst
system, except for all the others."

Ray Bruman In this establishment,
Raynet Corp. we DO NOT DISCUSS
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com race, religion, politics,
415-688-2325 or nutrition.