Re: scanned images

Subject: Re: scanned images
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 20:03:51 -0500

>My next panic question: Where do you save scanned images? I used about
>a half-dozen images in a very short (7 pages) set of instructions, and
>the file is...get this...10 meg. It's enormous! So I have this dilemna
>-- I love how the scanned images look, and I swore "as God is my witness,
>I'll never cut and paste again..." Perhaps I was a tad too hasty?

>Any advice on how you save scanned images? Thanks again.

I keep my graphics files on SyQuest cartridges. Since I use FrameMaker, I
can import the image files *by reference* (File>Import>Import File>Import by
reference), and the document file stays a managable size.

@kat katnagel -at- aol -dot- com
Life 1: MasterWork (technical writing and document design)
Life 2: PlaynSong & Madrigalia, Ltd (vocal chamber music)
===Life 2 is on hold for awhile, until I stop singing in 3rds===