Re: Authors' newsgroup?

Subject: Re: Authors' newsgroup?
From: jhedtke -at- OZ -dot- NET
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 22:21:20 PDT

In article <3ebodj$1ar -at- tusk -dot- lm -dot- com>, <lmann -at- telerama -dot- lm -dot- com> writes:

> > Is there a newsgroup or listserv for authors to discuss publishers,
writing,
> > and so on? I write technical books (computer mostly) and magazine
articles,
> > and would love to compare notes with other published authors.

> Particularly if you have a more technical focus, this group is
> probably your best bet. misc.writing (a group I even helped
> to start!) is a waste of time.

I certainly don't mind talking about it here in this group, but I don't want to

take the group off of focus. I've just finished book #11, myself, and I write
a column for "Mobile Office" on shareware. Discussing the mechanics of
publishing, dealing with agents (for them as likes; I don't), negotiating
contracts, and what peoples' experiences with various publishers have been, and

what kinds of things various publishers are looking for is the kind of thing
I'm interested in. If other people are interested, we can do this here, or we
could start a group like "alt.authors.technical" or something.

Comments? Suggestions? Preferences?

Yours Truly,

John Hedtke