Job opening: Alameda, California

Subject: Job opening: Alameda, California
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 10:37:55 -0800

We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to write
the installation guide and release notes for the
new NT version of our CAD/CAE software, and provide
NT-specific information to others writing related
documentation as needed. You may also be asked to update
the API manuals for our 3D modeling software,
and/or write other documents for major release at end
of March, as time permits. This is a 3-month contract
job, but could become permanent for the right person.

Use software specifications, run our software, and
consult developers to obtain and verify required
information. We are looking for someone with experience
in all aspects of the documentation process, including
illustration and preparation of camera-ready copy.

Requirements:

-Self-starter who can also participate effectively in
a project team
-Experience writing for end users
-Experience using a variety of desktop publishing tools,
preferably Ventura, FrameMaker, and/or Word for Windows.
-CAD/CAE, database, and/or graphics software experience
-Willingness to learn and work with our software
-Indexing experience
-Committment to clarity, accuracy, details, and deadlines
-Must enjoy working in a small-company environment

Other desirable experience:

-Experience using Windows or Windows/NT operating systems,
and/or documenting applications for same
-Experience documenting an API
-Experience using VMS operating system
-Experience using Micrografx Designer or other illustration
software

DURATION: 3 months; ASAP until end of March/early April

CONTACT: Faith Weber, Lead Tech Writer, EA Systems Inc.
Email: weber -at- easi -dot- com
FAX: 510-748-4717