Re: moderate techwr-l?

Subject: Re: moderate techwr-l?
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 22:05:55 -0800

Gail DeCamp said:
> A possible solution: I'd like to propose that we think about having
> the list moderated. Failing that, it may be possible to alter the list
> code to exclude some of the more common problem messages (like mailer
> daemons).

> What do you all think?

No moderation! Never!!! I hate moderated lists! Besides, who would do it?
It's time-consuming, and delays postings forever.

One thing Eric *could* do, I think, is change the list parameters so that
only people who sub can post. But since we're gatewayed to usenet, and
anyone can post to usenet, that wouldn't be too effective.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com