How to document test procedures?

Subject: How to document test procedures?
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 09:48:50 PST

Oh joy!! I have been assigned to a committee whose charter is to
write the process and procedures for testing our software (both
upgrade and new releases). Does anyone know of any books, or other
information, that is available that I could use as a foundation?

We develop software products for DOS, Windows and Macintosh used
primarily by the scientific research and acadamic communities. We do
*not* have an inhouse testing person or persons -- technical support
is responsible for most testing, and I get called on to help when
they get swamped/stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com