Re: Dealing with engineers' input

Subject: Re: Dealing with engineers' input
From: Gregk -at- ST0558 -dot- INFONET -dot- TUFTS -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 21:41:48 GMT

In <199501061432 -dot- AA09322 -at- interlock -dot- jci -dot- com>, Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com writes:

>Best way is to be sure thank them openly and publicly for the helpful
>suggestions you *do* use.

Ditto that. One person with whom I work closely has a history of getting,
erm, upset easily when the pressure is on. I always try to boost his good
works and his ego by acknowledging them openly.

Another trick that I find works is to emphasize that you're part of a team.
Even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes, it can really help the overall
atmosphere.

FWIW,

--gk

Greg Kushmerek