Re: The Covert Interview

Subject: Re: The Covert Interview
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 17:02:48 GMT

-> > my office is right
-> > smack in the middle of the programming area. Thus, if they are
-> > discussing anything at all, I get to hear about it
->
-> Sue makes a point I forgot to make in my earlier post on the subject
-> of covert interviews. About 9 months ago, a fellow tech. writer and
-> were placed in the Product Development department.

I made the move across the courtyard into the new "engineering decks" a
few months ago and have noticed the same improvement in communication
and cooperation.

-> but they did. Now I benefit from being in the
-> same department as my technical SMEs.

This small change has made a real difference in my work days -- I'm a
lot more relaxed and a lot more productive at the same time. I highly
recommend it, even if the music preferences of my colleages are at
times weird ...

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500