Re: Cloud? Firewall?

Subject: Re: Cloud? Firewall?
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:35:21 EST

The problem with the original sentence, I think, is that it implies
that _any_ machine that doesn't have complete internet connectivity
is behind a firewall. There are other reasons why some of us are
limited in our access. For example, I'm sitting on a mail-only
uucp connection--we set it up that way because it was quick, easy,
and inexpensive. A full connection is expected sometime this year.
But the machine I'm behind isn't a firewall; it's not _trying_ to
protect me, although there's not much people can do by dialing in
here over a modem.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY