Technical Presentation Skills

Subject: Technical Presentation Skills
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CFN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 07:08:26 -0400

I've seen a few postings here about rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. I'd
like to add one tip that seems to work for everyone: that once you've
rehearsed, rehearsed, rehearsed, FORGET ABOUT IT for at least a day
before your presentation. You can cheat and do a quick half-hour review
of your cheat sheets, presentation materials, etc., before you go on
stage. And use some quick technique that arouses your personal confidence.
But for some reason (a neuropsychologist would know what it is,
probably) just dropping the whole thing for a while (e.g., overnight) has
good results.

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- cfn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>