Re: "Arbor Text" and SGML

Subject: Re: "Arbor Text" and SGML
From: "Steven J. Owens" <puff -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 14:54:16 -0800

> Mike Uhl asks:
> > Can anyone out there in TECHWR-L tell me what "Arbor Text" is?
> > Apparently is is related to the composition of SGML documents.

Chet Ensign (chet -at- lds -dot- com (office)/censign -at- interserv -dot- com(home)) replies:
> ArborText is a company in Ann Arbor Michigan. The make a suite of
> SGML tools. Their ADEPT editor is an SGML word processor. It runs
> on most UNIX platforms, Windows and I believe OS/2. It is a pretty
> robust tool and most of the people I know who use it, like it. It is
> said to be one of the better SGML tools as far as creating WYSIWYG
> views of a document.

I've never used or even seen ADEPT, however, an acquiantance has been
working extensively with it. We had a discussion a few days ago and he was
quite vituperative (woo! I get to use my vocabulary!). He is mostly an MS
Windows kind of guy, although he has used (and generally likes) FrameMaer on
UNIX.

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- netcom -dot- com