Re: Framemaker??

Subject: Re: Framemaker??
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 23:22:31 -0700

PJ Rose wrote:
> The big difference (IMHO) is that you can actually *write* in Frame.
> Before I started using Frame about a year ago, I used to write in Word,
> and do the final layout/cleanup in Page. (I found Page annoying to
> write in.)

I found Pagemaker's "Story Editor" fairly easy to work in. Not, of
course, as easy as a full-fledged word processor, but not much
worse--indeed, in some ways easier--than Frame.

My biggest objection to Pagemaker for longer documents is due
1. to the fact that as the document gets longer, it gets incredibly slow
to move around in.
2. the book feature which is intended to link chapters/sections in longer
documents simply would not allow me to do some of the things I wanted to
do--such things as controlling pagination, for instance.

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-